Our Client is a Software Company based in Warrington, Greater Manchester, focusing on bringing the best user experience possible to their customers.
Currently looking for a passionate and energetic individual for an Apprentice Software Development and Testing Apprenticeship.
The apprentice will work in all phases of software development life cycle, including analysis, design, functionality, testing and support.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Design and development of new features for the web applications
- Testing and execution of bug fixes
- Create and maintain a test plan and testing environment
- Investigation into prospective data sources
- Write technical documentation
- Dealing with technical support requests
- Identification of areas of improvement within the current product portfolio
- Actively participate in team meetings
- Computer Science/Engineering related qualification
- Commitment to complete the Apprenticeship term
- Keen eye for detail
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for software testing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisation skills and be willing to learn
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills
- Experience in a QA/Test environment
- Knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of Object Orientated Programming
- Defect identification and reporting experience
- Hands-on manual experience
- A relaxed office offering a smart casual dress code
- They enjoy a number of social and team building activities throughout the year
You may be offered a fulltime position with a salary increase and new job title on successfully completing the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.