Software Developer Apprentice
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career. Saga strives to create a culture in which everyone feels welcome and is offered equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Java Developer apprentice to join Saga in the CHMC area of their business. You will be investigating and resolving problems reported by users alongside configuring and developing code for Saga’s internal claims system.
As an apprentice within Saga the successful applicant will receive a Software Development Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification once complete, alongside being supported with formal, internal training and exposure.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited do]
- To deliver high quality, secure developments that can be deployed quickly and efficiently to the agreed specifications within planned release schedules.
- To produce high quality, secure, software and software enhancements as directed, that can be deployed quickly and efficiently, to the agreed specifications, within the agreed timescales.
- Programming of largely pre-analysed requirements for program fixes and system enhancements.
- Unit testing, system testing and user training.
- Assist users with their acceptance testing.
- Assist in the provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements as requested by IT Management.
The role includes a support network and training to support the successful application in their role but the following items are desirable:
- Strong mathematical ability is essential for this role
- Understanding of web development best practice in terms of coding standards, security, accessibility and usability
- Experience in software developing, coding or business analysis.
- Understanding of the full development life cycle would be of benefit.
- The ability to travel across sites in Folkestone and to attend formal training in London.
Desired qualification requirements:
• 7 GCSE’s Grade A-C or equivalent including English and Maths
5 days per week,
35 hours per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£21,466 per annum
Saga have a fantastic benefits package including everything from travel discounts through to private healthcare.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.Important Information:
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.Sign-up or log in to apply