Gordons is a firm that values relationships above all, as we know they underpin the continued success and that of their clients.
Gordons work in partnership with clients needing fast, effective legal advice. They always try to clarify rather than to complicate.
Gordons believe in hard work and professionalism combined with a personal touch. Gordons is a firm that clients want to deal with, and return to, because they're trusted as people and valued as lawyers.
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring tech individual to join a legal law practice in the heart of Leeds City Centre. Gordons LLP have an established apprenticeship programme for their legal apprentices, and are now looking to introduce this in the IT department.
They are looking for an ambitious, motivated and career driven individual who has a passion for IT and software development to join their growing department assisting in everyday tasks such as writing code and testing the product in controlled real situations before going live.
Whilst carrying out your individual responsibilities, the chosen individual will be working towards a Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree in Software Development.
Roles & Responsibilities: [The Software Developer apprentice will be responsible for:]
- Working closely with Business Analysts and staff to determine system / application requirements
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the code
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparing training manuals for users
- Supporting and maintaining the systems once they are up and running
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Basic DBA tasks, checking backups and maintenance jobs
- Answering 1st line support calls for a limited period in the day as part of the departmental shift rota
Desired qualities and skills:
In order to be considered for the role, the chosen individual must have the below:
- Have an interest in Software Development
- Good personality
- Demonstrate commitment to see the course through
The following skills are highly desirable:
- Good knowledge of current computer hardware and software
- Ability to use one or more development languages (C++, PHP, HTML, VB, JAVA etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Eye for detail and identifying problems
- A basic understanding of business
- In order to be considered for this role, the individual must have 5 GCSE's C and above including Maths and English.
- Ideally someone who has completed A-Level or equivalent within the last 12 months.
- Having a qualification in IT is highly desirable, but is not essential.
- Competitive salary
- Salary increase after completion of certain modules
- Pension scheme
- Apprentice friendly environment
- Work socials
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.