Software Developer Level 4 Apprentice - Birmingham (B37) - 3771
Not taking applications
- Higher Apprenticeship
Do you have a passion for IT and technology? CGI are looking for individuals who want to develop a career within the IT Industry.
At CGI we' re offering you a unique opportunity to be part of something exciting and earn while you learn on our Apprenticeship scheme. Join us as an apprentice and not only will you enjoy the benefits of a permanent, full-time employment contract, you can look forward to the structured training, hands-on learning, and the support and encouragement you need to get your career off to a strong start.
We are looking for motivated and creative individuals who want to pursue a career in Software Development and can demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
The opportunity we are offering involves working with more experienced developers in Agile development teams to help build Java applications for CGI clients, including:
- Developing good quality Java code with sound syntax
- Developing professional user interfaces for at least one channel ( web and/or mobile)
- Effectively link code to the database using SQL and/or data layer technologies
- Test:Test code using either V-model manual testing and using unit testing
- Problem solving:Debug own code and understand structure of programmes in order to identify and resolve issues
- Basic Design:Following best practices and standards can create simple data models and software designsto effectively communicate understanding of the programme
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Good communication skills
- A passion for new technology
- Someone with ideally some exposure to a modern programming language would be beneficial
- A-Levels or equivalent in STEM subjects ( Maths, Computing, IT etc.)
- 64 UCAS points gained across 2 A-levels or equivalent
Other important information:
- DBS check will be required
- Candidates need to have lived in the UK for 5 years with no breaks of 28 days or longer and have an unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
- You can expect to be traveling to client sites or other CGI sites
9am-5: 30pm, Monday-Friday
QA' s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
Sign-up or log in to apply