Software Developer Level 4 Apprentice - Leatherhead(KT22) - 3740
Not taking applications
- Higher Apprenticeship
CGI is a global business with 70,000 professionals in hundreds of locations across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe who provide end-to-end IT and business process services that facilitate the ongoing evolution of our clients'businesses.
With 40 years of experience and continued business growth we offer financial strength and business rigour to support some of the UK' s biggest and best brands across the commercial and public sectors. Our teams have experience in delivering award winning programmes inspace,defence and national security, central government and thepublic sectorincludinghealth, as well as the commercial sector includingfinancial services,oil and gas,energy and utilitiesandcommunications.
Do you have a passion for IT and technology? CGI are looking for individuals who want to develop a career within the IT Industry.
We are looking for motivated and creative individuals who want to pursue a career in Software Development and can demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
At CGI we' re offering you a unique opportunity to be part of something exciting and earn while you learn on our Software Developer Apprenticeship. Join us as an apprentice and not only will you enjoy the benefits of a permanent, full-time employment contract, you can look forward to the structured training, hands-on learning, and the support and encouragement you need to get your career off to a strong start.
- Developing good quality Java code with sound syntaxDeveloping professional user interfaces for at least one channel ( web and/or mobile)
- Effectively link code to the database using SQL and/or data layer technologies
- Test:Can test code using either V-model manual testing and using unit testing.
- Problem solving:Can debug own code and understand structure of programmes in order to identify and resolve issues
- Basic Design:Following best practices and standards can create simple data models and software designs to effectively communicate understanding of the programme
- Strong problem solving capabilities;
- Good Communication skills;
- A passion for new technology;ideally some exposure to a modern programming language.
We are looking for someone with ideally:
- Software Developer Level 3 qualification or similar qualification.
Other important information:
- DBS check will be required.
- Candidates need to have lived in the UK for 5 years with no breaks of 28 days or longer and have an unrestricted right to live and work in the UK.
- You can expect to be traveling to client sites or other CGI sites.
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5: 30pm
QA' s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
Sign-up or log in to apply