At Prudential, we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business. We have just launched Prudential on Twitter and will be looking to develop oursocial media presence over the next few years.
During this apprenticeship you can expect to gain confidence in all aspects of the social media management. You will be helping the team to pull together new content for our social media campaigns and identifying new trends and opportunities.We are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious Software Development Apprentice who is interested in working in the ServiceNow Platform Management team, in our Technology business.
The successful applicant will be involved with the definition, design and implementation of applications within the ServiceNow development environment.This apprenticeship will give the successful candidate a practical introduction to software development on the ServiceNow platform, whilst providing early exposure to a wide range of I.T processes and disciplines.
- The ServiceNow Platform Management Team are responsible for the day-to-day management of the ServiceNow platform.This includes provisioning user access, supporting end user issues with the platform, working with our process owners to develop the feature adoption strategy, building & testing software solutions and keeping the platform up to date with any platform application releases.
- As a ServiceNow Software Engineer Apprentice, you will support the Team using a variety of different applications, and you will become an integral part of our team.
- You will be fully trained and supported throughout your apprenticeship on how to use these applications whilst also developing your knowledge of the business.
Your daily duties will include:
- Assisting our end users of the platform with any issues they may have
- Configuring, developing and testing solutions on the platform to meet business requirements
- Working with our process owners to identify opportunities for improvement
- Educating our users on how to best use the platform
- Supporting the 6 monthly platform upgrades
- Keeping abreast of new platform features and capabilities
- Assisting our Business Analysts and Senior Developers and providing ad hoc support to the Team where required
- The role would ideally be suited to a confident individual, with an interest in software programming
- You should have a positive outlook and good attention to detail and a strong desire to learn and be keen to start your career in a Technology environment
- You will enjoy working as part of a team and be able to manage your time effectively
- Ideally, you willhave an inquisitive, can-do attitude and have an efficient approach
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of MS Office (Word, Outlook)
- A proactive team player who is confident about working independently
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- Monday - Friday / 35 hours per week
- GBP 325.50 per week
- As a Software Development Apprentice, you will undertake Software Development Apprenticeship SCQF 6 & 8 with QA
- This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the apprentice performance, headcount and available funding
:QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.