Paralegal Apprenticeship (Residential Property) - Irwin Mitchell (Sheffield)
Not taking applications
Apprenticeship Duration: 24 months
Vacancy Short Description - Why should I apply?
To assist the partners in providing quality legal advice and other legal services to the firm's clients.
To contribute to the overall profitability of the firm, with particular reference to providing efficient, cost effective work and contributing to practice development through marketing and selling strategies in accordance with the firm's relevant policies.
Vacancy Full Description - What work will I be doing? What duties and responsibilities will I have?
Our Residential Property team provides a wide range of legal services to high-net worth clients with any size or type of property portfolio as part of our Private Wealth division, as well as conveyancing services on individual properties as part of our Personal Legal Services offering.
The team holds many years of expertise and boasts a uniquely detailed understanding of how changes in the financial and political climate impact property markets all over the UK.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take initial instructions from clients and to advise after consultation with the supervising solicitor as appropriate on the legal action and all alternatives, as appropriate, open to the client.
- To keep the client informed as required by the firm's and department's set procedures.
- To run the files allocated in accordance with the firm's and department's set procedures.
- To attend conferences with Counsel/court and represent the firm and client as required.
- To meet all cost/fee targets where set.
- To meet on a regular basis with the person to whom the post holder reports to review cases and any other matters relevant to the post holder's position. To report to the post holder's supervisor immediately any difficulties being experienced, in particular, those which may lead to a negligence action being taken against the firm and/or a complaint from a client via the Office of Supervision of Solicitors and/or the firm's complaints procedure.
- Complete the four modules of the apprenticeship; Introduction to law and practice, law and legal research skills, legal practice and client care skills and workplace skills in order to satisfactorily complete your CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice.
The ideal candidate will have the confidence to deal with various individuals and groups. You will be supported to undertake recognised qualifications whilst gaining invaluable on-the-job experience. You will need to be a team player, reliable, adaptable, conscientious, and able to work to instructions.
CILEx Law School has strong employer links within this industry sector and following on from successful completion of this apprenticeship there may be the opportunity for progression onto Chartered Legal Executive training.
Who is the employer? Where will I be working?
Irwin Mitchell - Personal Legal Services – Residential Property
The Legal Apprentice role is based at our office in Sheffield
Training to be provided?
CILEx Law School is the training provider for this paralegal apprenticeship.
The two-year apprenticeship includes the CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice. We are experts in delivering this qualification to apprentices. Apprentices will study:
- An introduction to law and practice
- One area of law most relevant to the role
- Its associated area of legal practice
- Client Care Skills
- Legal Research Skills
We offer face to face teaching or live interactive webinars in small class sizes. We do not teach by recorded webinars.
In addition, we support paralegal apprentices to achieve the Paralegal Standard through:
- regular one to one work-place visits by a legal trainer;
- guidance on compiling a portfolio to meet the requirements of the Paralegal Standard and
- skills training.
There would also be job-specific training through working alongside experienced staff at the employer.
You may need to study English and Maths depending on prior attainment.
CILEx Law School provides effective and accessible training for a wide range of professional and vocational legal qualifications. Our emphasis is on quality, innovation, and flexibility in course delivery, coupled with excellence in customer service. We are wholly owned by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, and have been delivering legal training for 35 years and legal apprenticeships since 2012.
For more information, see www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk
We will review your application against the criteria below when considering your suitability for the role, only applications which clearly demonstrate with evidence that they meet the essential criteria will be short-listed for interview. Desirable criteria are those that enhance your capacity to do the job but can be acquired once in employment.
You must provide evidence to demonstrate you meet the criteria within your application form to be short-listed.
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
If you will be required to commute, then please carefully consider the cost and time involved before applying for the role.
- This is a monthly paid post and you are required to work a month in hand and you will be entitled to receive statutory minimum annual leave. The salary will be £16,289 per annum
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.