PAM Life is a health and wellness app, helping people to make healthy and lasting changes in their life. We combine digital tools with professional wellness coaches and offer solutions for consumers and businesses that want to promote better wellbeing in the workplace. With over a quarter of a million people with access to PAM Life already, we are one of the fastest-growing businesses in the wellbeing space and a leading developer of AI tools for mental health support.
Our mission is to help people make positive, lasting change in their lives. We believe a holistic approach is the best way to do this, improving habits related to the four core areas of wellness; nutrition, health, fitness and mind. We’re aiming to be the UK’s Number 1 Health and Wellness App and we’re on track to achieve our goal to help a million people make positive change in their lives by 2030.
PAM Life is part of the PAM Group, the largest, private occupational health and wellbeing provider in the UK whose clients include Asda, HMRC, Greene King, M&S, Ministry of Justice, NHS and many more.
Find more information about how PAM Life is positively impacting people’s lives at www.pamlife.co.uk.
We are searching for someone who has a passion for software and helping customers to achieve their goals.
You’ll be our Digital Projects Executive, which will be an exciting and varied role to support PAM Life’s marketing, wellness and app development teams. Reporting to the UX Designer, you’ll sit within our development team and be on-hand to support where needed. Full training will be provided for all tasks listed below.
Main responsibilities: (will include, but not be limited to:)
- Software development ticket management
- Speaking to users via live chat function regarding various customer queries
- Website updates and maintenance
- Generating website, user and app usage reports
- Analysing CRM reports and demographic data
- Assist in preparing monthly company presentations
- Performing user testing for new software releases
- Collating test feedback for development team
- Scheduling team meetings
- Researching background information for PAM Life customer interactions
Desired skills, personal qualities:
We want to find the next rising star of PAM Life!
- We’re looking for someone with a positive, proactive attitude and a desire to develop their knowledge of software and how a tech company operates.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role isn’t essential as full training will be provided
You’ll need to be motivated to learn, apply and adapt – continuously!
We’re going on a journey to help a million people so you’ll need to be:
- A self-starter
- Someone with tons of enthusiasm
- Someone with a ‘sleeves rolled-up’ attitude, excellent attention to detail and lots of creativity.
- 6 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- including GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- The working week consists of 40 hours, which are flexible as long as you cover core business hours of 10:00am-4:00pm each day. You may be asked to work outside these hours from time to time as the needs of the business arise.
- 40hrs a week.
- We’re all working from home at the moment however, when we begin to return to ‘normality’, we expect to work from our office in Warrington anywhere between 1 to 3 days per week.
- We’ll be pretty flexible with office days but please take this into account if you
live outside the North West area.
- Other than the minimum requirement of meeting up once a week, you can work wherever you want (just make sure you have good internet access)!
Below is a list of benefits and perks of being part of the PAM Life team:
- Industry-leading Health Scheme – Opticians, Dental, Physio & more!
- Excellent Pension Plan - 8% auto-enrolment and up to 5% matched contribution
- 24/7 Doctor helpline – book a telephone or video appointment with a GP
- Employee Assistance Program – 24/7 telephone counselling helpline
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days annual leave (includes bank holidays), pro-rata for part-time hours
- Top training and development opportunities
- Best-in-class tech gear
- Lots of company social events (when we’re not in lockdown!)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.