PSL Datatrack, written by Prospec Systems Limited, is highly customisable production control software for engineering companies and is predominantly, but not solely, aimed at the subcontract engineering sector.
We develop and support our product from our offices in Bracknell, Berkshire and are proud to provide our customers with a very high level of customer service to enable them to run the software in the most efficient way for their individual businesses.
The company has been running for over 30 years and we pride ourselves on supplying a practical, simple and logical approach to helping our customers.
Due to expansion of our team we are seeking to appoint a Software Development & Support Apprentice, to support the development of our market leading production control software.
This is an office based role, working Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, in which you will work as a key player in the team, ensuring that together we deliver the quality of service our customers expect. In return you will have an opportunity to develop your career and gain good experience within an established business.
- As part of your apprenticeship, you will have responsibility for the maintenance and enhancement of a new HTML interface product that collects employee activity information
- This is a new product designed using asp.net for which we will require the successful candidate to maintain the user interface, code enhancements and carry out suitable internal testing
- In addition, you will help to provide the first line of support to all our customers to gain a deeper understanding of our system and contribute to the continued growth of the business
- Will be a customer focused team player with excellent communication skills.
- You will be willing to learn about our software so that you can support our development strategy and provide initial responses/solutions to our customers, when needed.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Confident user of IT applications (including MS Office and Windows 10)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A confident telephone manner and effective listening skills
- A willingness to learn how to explain technical issues in a clear and concise manner to technically & non-technically minded clients
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills, as well as a good attention to detail
- An ability to think laterally and question a situation before escalating the query would also be an advantage
- Customer service experience would be an advantage
- Website/Software development skills/experience would be an advantage
In joining this small team, you will be a fast learner with an ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and able to demonstrate a "can do" attitude, with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
7 GCSE's, grade A-C, including English and Maths.
This role offers:
- Skills development (via a recognised apprenticeship scheme)
- Career progression (linked to business growth and potential suitability for further apprenticeship training)
- Product training (in-house)
- Opportunity to be a key player in a small developing team, gaining experience and understanding in many other aspects of good business practice
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.