Software Development Apprentice
Green are a customer based energy supplier located in central Newcastle who wants to modernise the energy market and integrate advanced technologies to change the way customers view and manage their energy. Green Supplier are committed to being green with 100% of the electricity they supply being clean renewable sources from within the UK.
For more information about Green Suppliers, please visit: https://green.energy/terms
Are you keen to become a Front End Software Developer? Green are looking for a dynamic Software Development Apprentice to join their rapidly growing team of experts.
Roles & responsibilities (will include, but not limited to):
- Developing user interfaces
- Building and developing front end websites/applications
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimising components for maximum performance across the vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Learning and collaborating with the rest of the team
Full training to be provided by QA Ltd and Green.
Desired qualities, skills & knowledge:
- Genuine interest and passion for software development
- Problem solver attitude
- Good communication skills
- Work as part of a team
- A minimum of Grade 4 in Maths and Grade 4 in English language or equivalent is required for this role.
- Monday – Friday, 9am till 5pm / 37.5hrs per week.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Friday- Project work of your choice to increase your knowledge.
- Choice of computer when starting
- Uniform provided
- A pension plan with employer contributions
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.