Who are we?
The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is a Special Health Authority and an Arm’s Length Body of the Department of Health. We provide critical central services to NHS organisations, NHS contractors, patients and the public.
Our Services include: NHS Prescription Services, NHS Dental Services, NHS Pensions, NHS Protect, NHS Student Bursaries, Social Work Bursaries, Help with Health Costs, European Health Insurance and the management of the NHS Supply Chain.
We process over £33bn of payments every year. The NHSBSA IT function develops, supports and operates these services in support of NHSBSA operations.
Applications are now open for a Degree Apprenticeship in the world of IT and Software Development at the NHS Business Services Authority!
Get a degree, earn money and gain real-life experience within the industry you are studying.
“Earn while you learn.”
You’ll be working in the Digital Delivery and Development Function for 80% of your time, in a modern and friendly environment, where everyone is approachable and happy to help. The remaining time will be spent with the Training Provider or working towards your apprenticeship qualification.
Our team will help you realise your potential, sharing their wealth of skills and experience with you. Along with having your degree paid for, you’ll gain from mentor support while in the workplace, providing you with all the guidance you will need to build a successful apprenticeship which could help to secure that all important job once qualified!
Help us to support a better NHS while earning a degree.
It’s an exciting and challenging time here at the NHSBSA, we are aiming to do what we do better, more efficiently and for a greater part of the healthcare system.
We will support a better NHS, allowing front-line services to deliver better healthcare. You could be a part of it; joining us as an apprentice you will be supporting our goal of reducing unit costs by 50% by 2020, making services more efficient and using new technology.
NHSBSA Technology Services has a number of IT services that it develops and supports, both digital and classic in nature. This role provides a number of opportunities to engage in a range of activities across the technology lifecycle.
- Software Design and Development,
- Manual and automated testing,
- Cloud deployment platforms and techniques,
- Database design,
- Implementation and support
- Continuous improvement and lifecycle management
- Analysing interpreting and reporting information and knowledge of technical subjects and concepts to influence decisions.
- Applying the appropriate methods and procedures throughout the full development lifecycle in accordance with IT standards and customer requirements.
- Monitoring and supporting the efficient and effective running of bespoke services, third-party applications and configurable of the shelf products (CoTS) and services.
- Using incident, problem, request and change management processes and systems to support the successful implementation of system enhancements and fault resolutions, in a timely manner.
- Maintaining an awareness of your own development needs, actively seeking development opportunities to enhance your own skills and knowledge, generating creative and innovative ideas.
- Communicating complex information effectively across a wide range of people and levels of understanding, including both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Providing assistance across a number of activities, and delivery teams including support, continuous improvement and projects.
- Working under general direction; planning your own work to achieve agreed objectives, seeking information when unclear, and escalating as appropriate, any issues or conflicting priorities which may impact deadlines.
- Actively participating and contributing to quality assurance reviews of your work through a variety of approaches such as peer review, learning logs, and engaging in appropriate communities.
- Engaging in partnership working with other individuals, groups and agencies
Training / skills to develop:
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, bringing together staff from various skills and disciplines; this role provides a real learning opportunity to apply aspects of knowledge and skills from the university, setting into a business setting.
In additional to the practical experience you will gain as above, by the end of the apprenticeship, you will also have gained valuable experience in developing a range of soft skills such as:
- Managing your own time and work commitments/deadlines
- Preparing for and participating in team stand-ups, and actively contribute to a variety of topics.
- Building and maintain a number of productive working relationships across the organisation.
- Develop a broad understanding of the strategic approach to the delivery of projects, including delivery methods such as agile and waterfall, open source development tools and languages and the approach to open data.
Essential skills to apply:
- Can perform a range of varied work activities in a variety of structured environments.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Great at hitting deadlines and capable of balancing priorities
Desirable skills to apply:
- Recent, demonstrable development experience
Any additional experience of business or IT work outside of degree would be beneficial
Experience and knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Waterfall Process
- Awareness of digital channel shift and approaches
- Professional, motivated and dedicated attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team setting
- Ability to work under direction whilst taking the initiative and responsibility for delivering individual tasks
- Pro-active approach to self-learning
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English
- A-Levels or equivalent in a relevant subject (extended BTEC orApprenticeship or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3)
- You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level in a similar subject
We can however take into account other qualifications and experience.
- Fully funded degree
- Dedicated learning time provided during working hours or offsite with the apprenticeship provider
- 27 days paid annual leave
- Great pension
- NHS Discounts including Apple Store, Sketchers, Nando’s, and Vodafone
- Social atmosphere
- Colleague and mentor support
- Career progression opportunities; and the opportunity gain a permanent role on successful completion
Does this sound like you? Great, what’s next?
After applying online, candidates will be invited for an interview.
Following that, if you are successful, the Training Provider will take you through their admissions process. You will have your induction and take up your role within the organisation in September 2020.
We look forward to hearing from you!
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.