Software Development - Digital and Technology Solutions Professional (degree) apprenticeship- Cambridge
With apprenticeships across a range of different business areas, Amazon is the perfect place to learn new skills with a range opportunities to suit candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations. Our Operations, Engineering and Technology teams are crucial to ensuring that we continue to deliver and innovate for customers. We have big plans and want to continue to develop and retain the best talent. Our apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning new skills and who want to start a career now – possibly as an alternative to continuing in education or in order to retrain in a new direction. You will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities given to you. Hard work is essential, as is a desire to succeed and make the most of the hands on experience and qualifications on offer to you.
There are a number of learning knowledge modules teaching advanced theory and its practical application. These are taught online, and supported by classroom training workshops, which will be held at a training centre in London you will need to travel from your home address to London when there are block learning weeks which is estimated at 5 in the first 12 months and then reduced from year 2. The cost of your travel from Cambridge to London for the modules will be reimbursed.
The apprenticeship will be delivered in a blended-learning approach, using a combination of digital learning and face-to-face sessions
During your scheme you will be introduced to the fundamental technical skills you need to become a successful Amazon SDE employee by attending offsite workshop modules which will support you to achieve the standard:
In your first year you will cover modules and learning such as ;
- Advanced Java
- Test Driven development
- Web applications development
- Maths ad Algorithms
On successful completion of Year 1 (15-18 months) you will further specialize in software development and work towards a BA Hons in digital and technology solutions professional degree. By specializing in Software you should be able to design, build and test high-quality software solutions. You will be aiming to apply engineering principles to all stages of the software development process, from requirements, analysis and design, development and data requirements
Not only will you receive invaluable learning, development and professional experience, you will also gain a BSC in Digital and Technology Solutions Professional degree.
Personal Qualities & Desirable Skills:
- You have a deep interest in IT and a desire to learn more
- You are able to read, understand and communicate in English, interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business,
- You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines,
- You have a hands-on attitude, flexible, adaptable and proactive,
- You aim to attain impeccable customer service, excellent customer facing skills,
- Experience (or a willingness to learn and practice) working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
- You’ll need 5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English in addition to 3 A levels (or equivalent) at C or above and one being in a STEM related subject, or International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject ,a level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject (180 credits). You must also have some coding experience via certification or self-taught.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.