Working with M&G Prudential as a Software Development Apprentice means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investments business. The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&GP rudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.We are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious Apprentice who is interested in working in the QA team, in our Edinburgh Technology Hub. This apprenticeship will give successful candidate a practical introduction to the Software Testing environment of an FTSE 100 investments and savings firm, whilst providing early exposure to a range of technology experiences.
- As Salesforce Software Developer you will be working within cross functional teams to new customer features within the M&G plc
- You will help to advance the M&G Salesforce community through sharing of best practice, mentoring others, building technical designs and helping to define business requirements
- Salesforce is a third party tool for managing customer workflows, data and relationships
- Working with Salesforce involves understanding what the business is trying to achieve, configuring workflows and UIs to support that goal and writing custom code to support integrations with other systems
What we will teach you:
- How to build clear requirements based on business needs
- How to build new Salesforce workflows and adapt existing ones
- How to write Salesforce code to manage integrations with other systems
- Good engineering practices for developing code
- Good practices for working with Salesforce
- How to solve business problems and identify opportunities for improvement
- How to write good quality, well tested code
- How to design new features
- How to operate within fast paced agile environments
Your duties will include:
- Identifying and documenting business requirements
- Configuring UIs and workflows to meet those business requirements
- Helping with technical designs for new features
- Working in a cross functional team to deliver features involving several different people
- Contributing to, and achieving, continuous improvement goals for yourself and your team.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracyand good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Can absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to determine solutions
- Problem solving way of thinking
- A proactive team player who is confident about working independently
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learnInterested in learning more about software development
- 35 hours per week
- Monday - Friday
- GBP 325.25 per week
As a Software Development Apprentice, you will undertake Software Development SCQF 6 & 8 with QA.This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the apprentice performance, headcount and available funding.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.