As a DevOps engineer at Storm, you will be part of our WebOps team at our modern offices in historic Leith, getting involved in a variety of projects and working collaboratively within our diverse project teams. You will work alongside other engineers, developers, technical leads and testers to specify, implement, test, and deploy infrastructure solutions for our varied clients. You will have the opportunity to grow and learn from others as well as make your own mark among your peers. You will also be exposed to, and participate in, the creation of scripts and templates that automate the infrastructure delivery process.
This may include, but not be limited to: infrastructure as code templates using ARM, build and test automation scripts for infrastructure, and the maintenance of build and release pipelines within Azure DevOps.
You will have at least two years of experience in cloud infrastructure automation. You are looking for a new challenge working in a dynamic, ever changing digital landscape where collaboration between individuals, teams and clients makes a real difference to end users.
Your experience will be as an IT/cloud engineer with demonstrable knowledge of cloud platforms, but you will have a keen interest and some experience in the practices and processes needed to successfully and continuously deliver cloud native software and infrastructure, this will include:
- Source control systems like Git
- Automation and provisioning within cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure
- Build and deployment automation with Azure devops (Visual Studio Team Services)
- A “secure by default” mind-set in all work you do, following guidelines and practices to improve the security of the solutions as well as advising others on those guidelines
You will also need to be:
- Enthusiastic and motivated, with an appetite for learning
- A great communicator and natural collaborator
- A “big picture thinker” that can see and react to factors not directly related to code
- Unafraid to ask questions
- Adept at solving conceptual problems
- Organised and good at prioritising work
- Focused, with sharp attention to detail
- Passionate about improving outcomes for clients and the end user.
- You will have a range of responsibilities and will be required to apply your expertise in many different ways. Here are some examples to give you a flavour of what you will do:
- Work with the other members of a project team to define infrastructure requirements for our client’s applications
- Deliver maintainable solutions, while taking advantage of common design patterns and practices for delivering components and maintaining infrastructure environments
- Implement reusable infrastructure components and scripts that support both development and operational systems and processes
- Diagnose issues with cloud infrastructure in a secure and compliant way
- Research and share knowledge of tools and technologies that can assist and improve how we build, deploy and maintain software and infrastructure
- Participate in our in-house (second line) support of infrastructure you and others have built and deployed
- Provide support to other engineers and developers in relation to our devops processes and practices. This could be assisting with the creation of testable build scripts or the creation of arm templates to provision application infrastructure
- Use our continuous build and deployment pipeline to rapidly deliver infrastructure as code during project development and when participating in support
- Assist in the maintenance of our continuous build and deployment environments
- Collaborate with the testing team to write and manage automated infrastructure tests within our continuous build and deployment pipelines
- Surface telemetry for monitoring infrastructure
- Help to produce and maintain reference and tutorial documentation related to our devops processes and practices for both technical and non-technical individuals
25 days holiday and 8 public Pension
Private Health Insurance
Performance related reward scheme
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.