Duration: 3 years
Do you want to make a real difference to peoples’ lives? To help shape the way people live and communicate with each other both now and in the future? To learn new skills on the job, gain professional qualifications and build yourself the perfect career? Then you’re looking in the right place as the apprenticeship opportunities at BT could help you do just that.
As a software engineer you would be responsible for building and testing software that helps run BT's major networks. Our network provides everything from internet access to TV and mobile phone connectivity for your average household as well as some of the UK’s biggest companies.
You could be working on a variety of things including small software projects for both internal and external customers. You will be working on live projects, talking directly to customers and understanding their needs to delivering the live working systems.
5 GCSEs A to C Grade (including English and Maths).
2 A-Levels A-C
Technical Knowledge and Competencies
- PC Literate.
- Attention to detail.
- Understand how teams work effectively to deliver results.
- As an apprentice software developer you will benefit from working with an experienced team of developers who will help you improve your skills through mentoring.
- A keen interest and understanding of up to date technologies.
Professional, interpersonal and business Skills
- Communicate effectively and work both independently and as part of a team
- Apply structured techniques to problem solving
- Apply strong interpersonal skills when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to perform under pressure, enjoying challenging projects and responsibilities.
- A commitment to quality
- A thorough approach to work
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving