Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £15,100 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
In the Software Engineering discipline we are looking for apprentices wanting a career in software development, integration and test to join our team of over 200 experts. You will develop the skills needed to contribute to the delivery of a wide range of programmes for military, government and commercial customers to support the protection of national critical infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for:
- Developing updates for one of the world's only fully integrated naval architecture design and analysis tools
- Engineering embedded, real-time systems for high integrity applications
- Developing battle winning capability for UK armed forces
- Conducting trials in the UK and internationally
- Supporting the protection of critical national infrastructure
- Contributing to some of most challenging, high profile science and technology programmes in the UK and overseas.
Joining QinetiQ you would:
- Work in multidisciplinary teams delivering projects to a wide range of military, government and commercial customers
- Determine the best way for our customers to exploit novel and emerging technologies
- Be part of an apprenticeship programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well
- Get access to training to develop your technical and leadership skills
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Have attained, or are about to attain, a minimum of:
Five GCSEs grades A* – C (9 – 4 on the new grading system), including English and Maths (Level 4 apprenticeship programme)
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Have a keen interest in technology and engineering
- Be acquainted with at least one high level programming language
- Hold full British Citizenship
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!