Software Monitoring Technician Apprentice
Making business smarter through technology.
Whether you are a retail company using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect your business challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
This is a two year Apprenticeship that will be aligned to a Software apprenticeship standard of either level 3 or level 4, depending on experience.
Reporting to the Tech Ops Configuration & Systems Manager, the tooling team's mission is to improve performance within Daisy Corporate Services by constantly challenging and improving operational efficiency; enhancing service to our customers and promoting a culture of innovation and service excellence.
Main role / Primary responsibilities:
Contribute to the team’s main objectives, namely:
- Manage and maintain the tooling platforms.
- Ensure platform stability and efficiency.
- Assist in the responsibility for functionality, fault, configuration and performance of the tooling platforms.
- Operational liaison for system functionality and performance enhancements.
- Assist the Platform Development team in project initiatives and service improvements.
- Maintain tooling capacity and licensing.
- Create and maintain documentation, process and procedure.
- Adhere to full ITSM best practice.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and, if necessary, raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Daisy Security Policies - centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Abide by the principles listed within the Daisy Group Security Policy Statement document, which are embedded within the operations of your team.
- Be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Experience across a number of platform areas including server OS, data centre, storage, virtualisation, backup, network and Microsoft technologies.
- Strong business acumen with awareness of the current business environment and the challenges it presents to organisations.
- Linux (RedHat, SuSE, Ubuntu) skills.
- An ability to advise and interact with a broad spectrum of audiences and across a wide range of industry sectors, presenting technical and/or complex information to all levels of management and staff.
- A broad knowledge of IT with real depth of enterprise architecture.
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
Monday - Friday - 08:30am - 17:30pm / 37.5hrs per hour.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.