Software Solutions Developer Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic developmental opportunity for anyone who is keen to become an accomplished web designer/developer whilst also earning a Level 4 qualification on the job. The post holder will have the opportunity to build their career portfolio whilst working on exciting, high-impact projects in some of the most successful schools in the country.
Primary duties include:
- Conceptualise, design, and develop sites, lists, document libraries, and custom solutions in Bosco’s growing SharePoint Online environment to meet the specific needs of schools
- Assist with the migration of existing content and features in our well-established SharePoint 2013 environment to the new SharePoint Online platform
- Customise the appearance of SharePoint Online to enhance the end-user experience and usability for Bosco’s students, staff, families, and governors
- Develop exciting new software-based features, both online and offline, to meet the schools’ needs using popular languages such as ASP .net (C# or VB), PHP, jQuery, and JSON
- Use dynamic content from SQL databases and SharePoint lists/libraries to work with live data and continue to develop the databases following sound principles
- Ensure all web-based platform development is accessible and standards-compliant websites and reflects the identity of Bosco’s schools
- Assist the Web Developer with maintaining and updating existing websites and web applications on Bosco’s front-facing websites when required
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders including leaders at individual schools and Bosco’s strategic team to understand their own identities and requirements
- Provide support with the continued development of Bosco’s branding and the individual identities of each school
- Keep abreast of new technologies and the latest in web and database standards
- Produce supporting documentation, user guides, demonstrations, and other training materials to assist key stakeholders
- Monitor/evaluate the impact of Bosco’s SharePoint sites and software solutions and respond to feedback
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all information linked to students and staff in line with current legislation and working practice guidelines
- Manage your time effectively on small- and large-scale projects, to meet deadlines and provide clear and meaningful estimates on projected timescales where appropriate
- Ensure compliance with the latest statutory requirements for primary and secondary schools
- Meet regularly with the rest of the development team to collaborate on ideas and to share knowledge, expertise, and best practice
- Any other duties or tasks as requested by the Head teacher or line manager from time to time that are commensurate with grade and ability
Required qualities, skills, and experiences:
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- A good understanding of graphical user interface design, consistency, attention-to-detail, and high standard
- Work effectively as part of a team, understanding Bosco roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Organised with good administration skills and highly-motivated
- Ability to manage time effectively and follow plans to help ensure deadlines are met and projects are delivered on-time
- Thorough and a finisher
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Able to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Trust
- Acceptance of staff dress code
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9 am - 5.30 pm,
37.5 hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
You will be paid £403.85 - £423.08 per week whilst in your apprenticeship
Benefits of the role:
This role could lead to a permanent position with the view to potentially do a funded MSc qualification
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the individual could secure a full-time position as a first or second-line engineer with Smart IT, with a competitive salary, industry-recognised qualifications, and great prospects.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.