The company operate a comparison site for credit cards and personal loans. They have a number of clients that range from server co-location to network installations, IT project management to Amazon Web Services architecture & deployment.
If you have a keen interest in the latest technology, telephony and cloud computing trends and developments and want to work in web development this could be the role for you.
You will be supported and mentored throughout your apprenticeship by the companies former web developer apprentice who has now gone on to forge a successful career at the company since completing his apprenticeship.
The chosen individual will be involved in a number of bespoke solutions for our clientele. Including (but not limited to) database administration (setup, configuration and checking), web application development (PHP, HTML, CSS platform).
- E-commerce websites: designing and developing online commerce websites for our business and our clients
- Work with other senior developers on code base projects
- Ensure releases are controlled and communicate to the business and client efficiently
- Work with other staff members to ensure code base is up to date
- Report any development issues to management
- liaise with managers regarding development progress
- Update development backlog regularly
- Familiar with HTML & CSS
• Excellent IT skills.
- Good written & verbal skills
- Good Team Player
- Actively participate in meetings creating ideas as a team also individually
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic also Reliable
- Good attitude to work
• To be able to use own initiative, and also as part of a team
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you could secure a full role in the company with development and progression opportunities as well as a new job role and responsibilities, along with a pay rise.
7 GCSE's Including Maths and English at grade C or above.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday: 08.30 to 17.30 and Friday 08.00 to 17.00
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.