Solicitor Apprenticeship - Level 7 (London, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham)
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Degree Apprenticeships
Starting Salary: London - £17,200 / Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham - £15,200
Eversheds Sutherland’s level seven solicitor apprenticeship is a six year programme leading to qualification as a solicitor. The programme is split between work-based learning and part-time study and will also result in the award of an LLB.
In the workplace, you will carry out supervised work-based learning. This will start with administrative tasks before progressing to paralegal and then to trainee tasks. You will also produce a work-based assessment portfolio. There are examinations throughout the apprenticeship, as well as a final assessment that you will need to pass to qualify as a solicitor.
Eversheds Sutherland will support you every step of the way with paid time off to attend classes and for assessments. We will also assign you a buddy and mentor to help you as you progress through the apprenticeship. By the end of the six-year programme, if you have passed the BPP University assessments you will receive an LLB degree. You will also gain further Masters level seven credits which can be used towards an LLM or masters at BPP University.
You roles and responsibilities initially will include but not be limited to:
- Working effectively as part of a professional team and individually with appropriate supervision
- Shadowing paralegals and fee earners
- Attending meetings, taking minutes and writing attendance notes
- Proof reading legal documents
- Administrative work – collation of court bundles, uploading expenses, creating and archiving client files, profiling documents, creating deed schedules, checking and amending bundles
- Carrying out legal research and reporting on findings to clients and team members
- Applying legal knowledge to client problems and providing solutions
- Helping to organise client and partner events
To apply for our level seven solicitor apprenticeship we are looking for candidates with a minimum of five GCSE grades A-C (including Maths and English) who are expecting strong A-level results, equivalent to at least 120 UCAS points (BBB), excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking.
As a firm, our core values are teamwork, being client centred, continuous improvement, accountability, straightforwardness and mutual respect. We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate these values and show a passion for the firm and their chosen apprenticeship route.Application closed