Wakefield Grammar School Foundation is one of the country’s leading families of Employer:
Technology is at the heart of the business, core to the growth and internationalisation of all brands that sit under the THG umbrella. Our platform currently supports 177 international sites, in 47 different languages and 23 payment methods. From hosting, all the way through to logistics, we power it all through efficient and scalable technology which has been developed in house! With 600 technologists globally, we are squarely focussed on bigger ideas with innovation, creativity and outside of the box thinking.
We look for individuals with a passion for creating robust and cutting-edge systems that help our Business’ and our clients grow their ecommerce presence.
The primary responsibility will be to provide strong customer service for internal IT teams, as well as Business Partners and employees, while working closely with the Server and Networking teams.
The Apprentice will complete a 13- 15 month Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Proactive management of open incidents, working with technical support teams to gain the fastest resolution based on incident SLA
- Equipment ordering and stock management for the business on site and for remote workers
- Support of the following Technology: Microsoft Office products, Windows 10, Mac OSX, desktops, laptops, multi-function printers, basic LAN/WAN connectivity
- Daily communication of service business line status
- Ensuring all calls that cannot be resolved by the level one teams are allocated to the relevant support team in a timely manner and resolved
- Updating and writing knowledge base entries when new solutions are established
- Raising awareness of regular repeat Incidents
- Raising problem records for investigation
- Virus Protection and updates
- Performing all daily checks consistently and resolving issues
Desired skills and qualities:
- Warm, friendly and approachable demeanour striving for top rate customer satisfaction
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a want to find and understand the problem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Be a self-starter - Be the one pushing the boundaries
- Proactive - you can spot problems/challenges before they arise
5 GCSE’s, grade A-C, including English and Maths
40hrs per week.
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm.
- Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme.
- £100 Attendance Bonus each month for full attendance.
- Staff Discounts across THG brands.
- Discounted gym memberships for multiple locations in the local area.
- Exciting and endless career progression prospects.
- Salary – Competitive Apprenticeship Package – Shift Allowance included
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.