Student Development (Enrichment) Administrator - Newham Sixth Form College
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
Brief overview of the role
Provide administrative support for the student development programme
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Total hours per week: 36.00
Expected apprenticeship duration:
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
• Coordinating the scanning and registration system of students attending Student Development activities and events
• Monitoring attendance on Student Development activities
• Coordinating the gathering of monitoring and evaluation information from Nrich leaders and providing accurate records of students' participation and satisfaction in enrichment activities
• Coordinating the collection of time sheets from sessional staff
• Taking, writing up and circulating minutes.
• Support the administration of the Sixth Form Bac (S F Bae) award programme including preparing certification for testimonial certificates.
• Assist with the marketing and promotion of student development activities including updating IVic (student intranet)
• Taking pictures and footage at student development activities and events
• writing articles for the weekly staff bulletin and sending information for tutor notices
• Assist with the Jack Petchey Awards, including keeping !Vic pages updated, promoting the awards, coordinating information ready for selection of winners.
• Assist with coordinating and supporting Student Development activities, events, training and trips.
• Carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills, (oral, interpersonal, presentation and written)
- Able to form effective and professional working relationships with students and internal and external staff and partners
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Understanding of effective team-working
- Able to work under pressure and in busy surroundings
- A common sense, proactive and positive approach to work
- Flexibility and the capacity to adapt effectively to rapidly changing situations
- A commitment to uphold equality of opportunity and value diversity
- Commitment to the ethos and values of the college
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude
- Team player, driven, doer, achiever
- Reliable, compliant, self-checking, able to meet deadlines
- Level 3 qualification (A-levels, BTEC national or equivalent)
• GCSE English and mathematics A*-C or level 2 equivalent
- Potential full-time employment on completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider:
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer:
Newham Sixth Form College
NewVIc is London’s largest sixth form college with over 2500 full-time students. NewVIc is a successful learning community, and this year celebrates its twenty fifth anniversary. We are a thriving sixth form college located in the heart of east London. The college was established in 1992, with the aim of increasing opportunities for school leavers in Newham and neighbouring boroughs who opt to stay in education. We specialise in working with young people aged 16-19, progressing from year 11 at school. The college has grown and developed over the past 25 years and offers a wide range of courses including A-levels, specialist pathways, level 2 and 3 vocational programmes, foundation level and ESOL programmes. Our college community includes over 300 experienced and dedicated staff who are focused on helping every student become a skilled and successful learner and to progress successfully to higher education, employment or training. Students benefit from a huge range of enrichment activities which build confidence, widen experience and improve communication skills – preparing them for both university and work.
Prince Regent Lane
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 qualification in Business Administration
- Level 1 Funtional Skills Maths, English and ICT (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
NEWHAM COLLEGE OF FURTHER EDUCATIONApplication closed