Supply Chain Summer Internship
We give the customer what they want, when they want it. Like when the temperature rises by 10 degrees and we sell 300% more barbecue meat. We are frequently re-inventing our Supply Chain to make sure it is always class leading as we strive to ensure that our customers can always get what they want.
The Supply Chain department is involved at every touch point – from the moment the potato is dug from the ground to when it’s mashed for our shepherd’s pies and finally stacked on our shelves.
Hate to see things go to waste? Reducing food waste is Tesco’s responsibility and we’re pivotal to achieving this. Striking the balance is a skill we’ve learned to get better at every day, using our links with suppliers to ensure no food is wasted!
This 10 week internship programme is a great bridge between stores, distribution centres and the office. You’ll gain exceptional knowledge on all aspects of the supply chain for the UK’s largest retailer, and we’ll give you responsibilities from day one.
Want to help us serve our shoppers better? Apply now.
The project you will work on will give you the chance to own and deliver tangible business benefits.
You will be using data analytics to process information to tackle problems and define resolutions.
Working in transformation allows you to work alongside a number of different areas within supply chain in a collaborative way.
The Ideal Candidate
- On track for a 2:1 in any subject
- The confidence to work hand in hand with senior leaders
- A sharp mind to make sure our business has sound financial control
- A strategic understanding to make sure our decisions are right
- To put people and our customers at the heart of what you do
- To stick to your values and do the right thing, even when it’s tough
- A positive attitude, and a way of inspiring confidence in others
- To be connected to the latest thinking, inside and outside of the business
- The hunger to drive your own career and become one of our leaders.