Support Rotational Assistant - £21,500 p/a - London
- Distance Learning
- Level 5
- Health and Social Care
- Health & Safety
- Facility Services
- London remove
ITH Pharma Ltd provides aseptic compounding services to produce healthcare and medical treatments to a wide variety of NHS and Private hospitals and one of the largest private healthcare groups across the UK and Eire.
To assist with the provision of the company’s services under the management of a supervisor. This job description gives a general outline of the duties of the post and is not intended to be an inflexible or finite list. It may therefore be varied so that changing needs of the service can be met, in consultation with the post holder.
Your main duties would include:-
- To assist with the labelling and packaging of finished products ready for delivery.
- To assist with the disinfection and assembly of raw materials and equipment used in the manufacture of aseptic products.
- To ensure there is adequate stock for product assembly / cleaning. If the last of an item is removed it is appropriately replenished or reported.
- To ensure that stock is rotated in accordance with expiry and to inform supervisors if the expiry is short for example less than three months.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP);
To participate in the cleaning and preparation of aseptic unit equipment and supplies ready for compounding of products in the aseptic unit in accordance with the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice. These principles are found in the ‘Orange Guide’ – Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors 2007.
To ensure all procedures associated with GMP activity are read initially and understood before the activity is commenced. Also that any updated procedures are read when issued.
Direct experience of this type of work or an interest in healthcare whilst helpful, is not essential as training will be given. However a good general education (including English & Maths), any relevant practical or hand manipulation skills, a thorough and methodical approach to tasks with strong attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines in other work environments are essential. In addition we look for the following skills gained within a busy team:-
- Good general education GCSE or equivalent – English & Mathematics
- Good oral / written communication skills.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Must be methodical and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work under own initiative and as a team member.
- Punctual, honest, reliable. Polite and diplomatic. Respectable appearance. Able to work under pressure.
- An interest in science or medicine preparation would be an advantage
Salary – Starting salary for this role is £18,000 per annum which rises with successful completion of in house training, accreditations and demonstration of skills learnt.
Due to the volume of responses it will not be possible to reply to all applicants with specific feedback – if you have not had a response within one month of your application, you have not been successful. If you have been unsuccessful with a previous application any further applications are unnecessary.
Sign-up or log in to apply