In 1971, Theobold Alfons Müller took over the running of his father’s dairy farm in Bavaria, and all four of its employees. Fast forward sixteen years to 1987 and the Müller brand, which has rapidly expand since, entered the UK market for the first time.
Today, Muller is the nation's favourite dairy brand, sourcing milk from 1,600 farmers in Britain to develop, manufacture and market a wide range of branded and private label dairy products for the UK market.
Müller offers you a long-term career with a genuine market leader - we are an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference.
We pride ourselves on offering support to help develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful European business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Apprentice.
This will be a varied role with a plethora of exposure to a busy, dynamic and growing IT function.
Training and qualifications:
The Apprenticeship programme will be a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship, which is 15-months in duration and the qualifications gained are: -
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
- BCS Award in Coding and Logic
- BCS Award in Business Processes
- BCS Award in Mobile and Operating Systems
- BCS Award in Cloud Services
- MTA in Networking Fundamentals
The programme will provide candidates with the opportunity to build strong relationships across site and through development of key knowledge, skills and behaviours, supported in both on and off the job learning, the individual will develop occupational competence to solve various IT problems, and get involved in complex IT tasks, such as troubleshooting and fixing problems.
You will work as part of a team, and across a range of different technologies and devices. Over the programme, you will develop competency in:
- IT Security
- Remote Infrastructure
- Data recording and analysing
- Problem solving
- Workflow management
- Performance of hardware, software and network systems
- Waste disposal
- IT legislation
Main responsibilities: [Typical day to day responsibilities will include]
- Assisting in the build and installation of laptops, computers, mobile devices and tablets.
- Creating user accounts for Müller employees.
- Carrying out day to day troubleshooting tasks such as password resets.
- Providing 1st line support to existing Müller employees.
- Using Active Directory, InTune etc…
- Assisting in typical project work including office moves, installation and migration of new kit, aligning printers to workstations etc…
- Installation of software and hardware.
- Data recording and analysing.
Desired skills and qualities:
- A passion for IT and technology
- A desire to learn and build a career within the IT sector
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and committed
- Honest and approachable
- High level of attention to detail
In order to be considered for this role, the chosen candidate must have 5 GCSE’s grades A-C or an equivalent of Level 4, including both Maths and English.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.