Brief overview of the vacancy role
Do you enjoy helping people and making a positive impact in their lives? Are you caring, reliable and passionate? If you feel you have these unique qualities, we would love you to join our team
As a support worker with Eden futures you will be required to contribute to the creation of a pleasant environment by undertaking a variety of duties whilst promoting the dignity, privacy, and encouragement of independence of residents.
- Support service users to lead a full and active life in line with their wishes and choices, considering their assessed needs and individual support and care plans, participating in the development of plans where applicable
- Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them from abuse wherever possible
- Provide emotional support when needed, maintaining a person-centred approach
- Support service users to participate in chosen social activities and services in their community, manage their finances and medication responsibly, help with practical tasks around the home, and respectfully support with personal care, hygiene, and healthcare
- You will be an informal point of contact for those in the service users circle of support (e.g. Families and Social Workers)
- Accurately report and record any issues related to the care and support of our Service Users to monitor their health and wellbeing
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations and have regard for the Health, Safety and Welfare of others
At Eden Futures, you will be working towards an Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Level 2 standard over the course of 15 months.
Desired personal Qualities
- Caring and compassionate, having a genuine passion for wanting to help our service users lead a full and active life
- Ability to remain positive when there are challenging days
- You'll enjoy working as part of team as well as using your own initiative, and have a willingness to support your colleagues when needed
Qualified Care Workers can progress to Senior Carers or Care Team Managers.
Training to be provided
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in maths and English
ZH2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship L2
Paid hours per week