Support Worker - Oxford
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
Area of work: Learning Disability
Salary: £16,000 pa (with potential earnings up to £17,500 per annum) / £8.31 per hour
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Contract type: Permanent – Full Time and Part Time
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England. Support workers make a real difference, here at Turning Point – they provide support, and advice, to help each of our residents to achieve their potential.
Where will I work?
Oxfordshire provides a relaxed and comfortable home for our residents, in a quiet residential area. We support people with conditions such as chronic illnesses, poor mobility and dementia.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands–on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of our service users
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out, or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Personal care, manual handling & helping with medication
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
While some knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn’t essential. You will be:
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non–judgemental
- Able to demonstrate good IT and communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it’s not about the money. But that doesn’t mean we don’t reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Excellent training and development
- A pension plan & annual leave with an option to buy and sell
- Travel expenses will be paid for the training period from the base of the service only.
- Family/flexible leave, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, & Bike 2 Work scheme
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well–being provider