Systems Administration Apprentice - Canning Town
Do you have:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN?
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK?
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION?
We call this #EEWAP, and if you are full of #EEWAP then an apprenticeship with Tech City Stars could be PERFECT for you!
WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
We are looking for a Junior IT Infrastructure Technician to support and provide monitoring of our network infrastructure. You will be part of a team that is responsible for maintaining and developing our IT infrastructure, so that it meets business objectives and SLAs.
We can provide the successful candidate a great platform to learn, with the potential for further certifiable training available to give them the tools and real-world experience to succeed.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Upgrade and configure system software.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Maintain data centre environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound telephone calls, take and pass on relevant messages and present an excellent image of the company in doing so.
- Resolve administrative problems and enquiries and give written and oral responses to routine enquiries received from external parties.
- Administrating company software including Slack and Email Apps
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE GOOD AT?
Our client would be particularly interested in candidates with;
- Keen and willing to learn
- Team player
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning.
- IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel.
- 5 GCSE’s at grade A* to C
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
There’s tons of information on Tech City Stars, our qualifications and our process for helping young people to kickstart their careers on our website.
ABOUT TECH CITY STARS
Tech City Stars helps talented young people to start their careers through exciting apprenticeships with a focus on digital skills. Apprentices are able to choose from one of our three advanced apprenticeship pathways – Digital Marketing, IT Support & Networks and Web & Software Development. Once you’ve applied, we’ll work with you to understand which pathway is the best fit for your skills, personality and interests and then we’ll introduce you to employers looking for apprentices in that pathway.
Every week, Tech City Stars puts on an awesome event where employers come to meet a group of young people who are full of #EEWAP and who are looking for apprenticeships. The event lasts a full day, and every candidate gets the opportunity to meet and impress a group of awesome business people who are looking to hire apprentices. After the event, employers invite successful candidates to work trials in their offices, and if that goes well – hey presto – YOU’RE AN APPRENTICE!Sign-up or log in to apply