About the employer
Low cost accounts are a forward thinking and growing accountancy business. They currently service around 1,000 clients accountancy needs. In a recent survey, 95% of their clients rated them either outstanding or very good.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join the Accountancy team and be trained to AAT standard with the full support of your new employer.
About the role
This opportunity is for a new apprentice to join a growing accountancy business and to achieve a full level 3 AAT qualification with the full support of your employer via day release to college and regular work based visits.
Primary responsibilities will include;
- This role will provide you with a comprehensive training programme, giving you the opportunity to learn various accountancy skills
- Assisting in the preparing of statutory accounts for sole traders, partnerships and companies
- Client interaction including email, face to face and telephone to maintain good relationships
- Assisting in the preparation of VAT returns
- Assisting other members of the team with administration tasks
- Assisting in the completion of general book keeping
- Using various software to conduct your daily duties
- Higher level responsibilities as and when your abilities allow
The Person Specification -
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate experience, qualifications and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The employer would like applicants to be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills, experience and attributes listed below to be considered.
Skills & Qualities
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting new people and conversing with ease
- Genuine interest in the accounting industry
Employer: Low Cost Accounts
Location: Low Cost Accounts, Unit 24A Business Park, Ruddington Lane, Wilford, Notts, NG11 7EP
Framework/Standard: Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Standard Level 3
Duration: 18 months
Weekly Wage: £150.00
Hours per week: 37.5
Working pattern: Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
Pay frequency: TBC
Assisted Travel: No