Team Assistant Apprentice
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Full Time
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Employment & Training
- Level 2
- Professional Qualifications
A National Insurance Broker Firm is looking for a Team Assistant to assist with their adminstrative duties.
Age Range: 16-24
Hours: Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
Salary: £4.95 per hour
The duties will include;
-Assist department to provide a quality service to new and existing clients covering all aspects of their insurance arrangements including but not limited to quotations, renewals and mid-term adjustments
- Work closely with Account Handlers to provide highest standard service to customers.
- Assist with the processing of mid-term adjustments
- Assist with the invoicing of all premiums due.
- Assist with team Aged Debt, referring to Account Handlers as necessary.
- Assist Account Handlers to check all documentation (i.e., policies and endorsements) for accuracy prior to sending to client.
- Assist Account Handlers to obtain quotations for any relevant new policies/renewals.
- Provide administrative assistance to team members, including post opening/sorting, filing, faxing, photocopying, binding documents and archiving files.
- Provide cover for reception duties when required.
- Be conversant with Company Procedures manual and the requirements of the FCA Standards and Rules and to implement and maintain procedures as stipulated.
- Assist Account Handlers to deal with any other client issues that may arise, referring to the appropriate person when the enquiry falls outside your own knowledge and experience.
- Carry out all duties and processes in accordance with the Rules of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) any other applicable Codes of Practice.
- Obey Company Rules and Regulations, based on the Berkeley Insurance Group, Contracts of Employment and any other communications from the Company Management.
- Be aware of Health and Safety requirements and to avoid any actions or omissions, which could create an unhealthy or unsafe environment for self, colleagues, customers or visitors.
- Strictly adhere to all Group protocols in respect of use of technology and to avoid misuse of the systems.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in respect of all information arising from and in connection with the group and the Company.
- Concentrate on self-improvement both technically and by quality and maintain a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) log as provided. This will be fully supported by the Company and the Group.
- Be aware of others’ needs and strive to help colleagues improve their technical knowledge and quality of output.
- Undertake any other duties in keeping with the nature of the position.
- Be conversant with and adhere to the Company’s Complaints Procedures.
The ideal candidate for this position will have;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent negotiation skills
- IT skills commensurate with computer packages used