Brief overview of the vacancy role
Greene King are looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join their team as a Team Leader Apprentice. If you are looking to take the next step within your Hospitality career into a more senior position then this is the opportunity for you!
Greene King boast some of the most breath-taking, fun-filled and relaxing pubs in the country. Found in towns and cities across England and Wales, from a scenic Dorset pub to a city centre spot to meet friends - Greene King will have something that fits the bill.
If you have a desire to gain experience with an industry respected pub brand and you have the hunger to develop yourself and further your career, this apprenticeship position may be just what you're looking for.
Please be aware that for this role you will need experience of leading a team in a hospitality or retail environment, with a proven track record of improving guest experience.
Greene King are offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12 month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Greene King's career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their apprenticeship programme, you'll gain professional qualifications from Level 3 through to management Level 4. Plus, you'll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you'll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you're qualified.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Your daily duties will include:
- Supervise food service
- Support learning and development within own area of responsibility
- Improve the customer relationship
- Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector
- Supervise reservations and booking services
- Set objectives and provide support for team members.
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Lead a team to improve customer service
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
Competitive Salary and Bonus Scheme
Friends and Family discount at Greene King managed pubs
Discounts off high-street retail brands
Enrolment into the company pension scheme
Work Life Balance
At Greene King you will be working towards a Hospitality Supervisor Food and Beverage Level 3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
Desired personal Qualities
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
Ongoing training and development within Greene King as well as through the apprenticeship training programme.
Training to be provided
Hospitality Supervisor L3 Apprenticeship
Functional Skills in English and maths
Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship - Food and Beverage L3
Paid hours per week