Technical 1st Line Helpdesk Apprentice
Chalkline are an IT managed service provider and a Microsoft cloud solution provider.
We are huge believers of the apprenticeship scheme – over a third of our team have gone through an apprenticeship! We believe in our team and are constantly looking for ways to assist their professional growth & development, in both technical & soft skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, eager 1st Line Support/Projects Engineer looking for their next step. The role is to deliver and support our client’s infrastructures, who are mostly using the latest MS technologies (Windows Server, Microsoft Azure, etc).
Your role will be to deliver outstanding customer service by understanding Client’s IT and business needs.
You will be working directly with our clients and will be exposed to the latest & greatest technologies including:
Microsoft 365, Azure, Intune, Windows, macOS, desktop & server management tools and networking products.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to using the following]:
- First response for all telephone calls, answering within a reasonable timeframe
- Monitoring support queue
- Ensure all tickets you own are updated daily
- Understand and follow the escalations procedures, escalating tickets where assistance is
- needed, or SLA’s may be breached
- Schedule your given tasks as required to meet deadlines
- Ensure you have a quality working relationship with end users
- Help with software installations as required
- Take ownership of your learning, completing training and portfolio work within given
- Undertake and pass necessary exams
- Understand and demonstrate Chalkline’s values and visions
As well as using:
- Windows Server 2019
- SQL Server 2016
- Network equipment (Cisco, Dell and HP)
- Active Directory and GPO's.
- Customer service experience
- Great communication skills
- Clear interest and passion for IT
- Would be great if you had knowledge in Office 365, basic Windows-based networking and basic routing, switching and firewall rules
Other desired qualities:
- It is key that you have good written & phone skills
- It would be helpful for you to have an understanding of IT systems already – you don’t need to have experience working with business IT.
- Having a driver’s license and a car would also be helpful.
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Monday to Friday, a shift between 8am – 6pm / 37.5hrs a week.
We are committed to training our employees up as quickly as possible and helping you create a career for yourself. Within a matter of weeks, you will be able to take Microsoft certifications and by the end of the apprenticeship you will be fully prepared for your next role.
Potential full-time role once you have completed the apprenticeship programme successfully.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.