- Full Time
- Business & Admin
- Customer Service
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Art & Design
- Health & Safety
- Creative Industry
- Burton-on-trent remove
Russell Building Products Limited is a leading UK roof tile manufacturer with a turnover of £30m and over 170 staff operating across 3 sites within the UK.
We are looking for a Technical Administrator to join our Technical Department based at our head office in Burton on Trent. You will provide technical information and support relating to the Company's products and their applications to both internal and external customers. You should ideally be familiar with the structure of the construction industry and associated trades. However this is not essential and training will be provided to assist in the understanding of the roles of Architects, Building Surveyors, NHBC Local Authorities, Private Developers, Contractors and Merchants.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To maintain and keep up to date knowledge of all technical issues which may affect the specification of the Company's products and services.
- To provide e-mail, written and verbal technical information / recommendations
- To advise on the correct use of Company products to the necessary building standards
- Maintain and operate internal communication, recording and administrative function
- Keep up to date with developments in building, and particularly, roofing and cladding practices
- To maintain a high level of professionalism in the use of bespoke computer based software, and to utilise this in an effective manner which promotes the Company's products and services
- To produce draft specifications and standard details
- To ensure the day-to-day workload of the Technical department is processed in an accurate and efficient manner within the relevant timescales.
- To become fully conversant with the Building Regulations, British & European Standards, together with any other industry recommendations that impact on the business activity and specification of the Company's products and services.
- Handling of customer queries.
- Able to provide excellent customer service using verbal and written skills and be confident with incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Enthusiastic, team player, who is well organised, innovative and inquisitive with good commercial business understanding. Being self motivated and with the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Skills and Experience are desirable however training will be provided for the right candidate
RBP is an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to treating all applicants alike. RBP does not treat any individual on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union, less favourably than others. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages.Sign-up or log in to apply