Technical Assistant - £21,750 p/a - London
- Health and Social Care
- London remove
ITH Pharma Ltd provides aseptic compounding services to produce healthcare and medical treatments to a wide variety of NHS and Private hospitals and one of the largest private healthcare groups across the UK and Eire.
As a Technical Assistant you would work across all aspects of the assembly process of these products in accordance with the quality assurance programme and under supervision. The products include parenteral nutrition (PN) formulations and chemotherapy treatments.
PN formulations are used for feeding a patient intravenously, bypassing the usual process of eating and digestion. PN formulas contain ingredients such as salts, glucose, amino acids, lipids and added vitamins. Anti-cancer chemotherapy treatments are also injectable and often have other treatments included, such as antibiotics, anti-emetics and pain relief.
Your main duties would include:-
- Preparing aseptically dispensed products (using automated equipment or via manual manipulation) in accordance with defined procedures;
- Assembling raw materials/ingredients for compounding sterile products;
- Stock maintenance (replenish and rotation);
- Participating in the cleaning and preparation of equipment and supplies ready for the compounding of sterile products in the aseptic unit in accordance with the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice;
- Ensuring a high quality of service to the customer and adherence to Health and Safety requirements and company operating procedures.
The Person – Skills and qualities required
Direct experience of this type of work or an interest in healthcare whilst helpful, is not essential as training will be given. However a good general education (including English & Maths), any relevant practical or hand manipulation skills, a thorough and methodical approach to tasks with strong attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines in other work environments are essential. In addition we look for the following skills gained within a busy team:-
- Good spoken/written communication skills in English.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative and as a team member.
- Punctual, honest, reliable and diplomatic
- Able to work to standard operating procedures and under own initiative
- Neat and clean appearance
Salary – Starting salary for this role is £18,000 per annum which rises with successful completion of in house training, accreditations and demonstration of skills learnt.
Due to the volume of responses it will not be possible to reply to all applicants with specific feedback – if you have not had a response within one month of your application, you have not been successful. If you have been unsuccessful with a previous application any further applications are unnecessary.Sign-up or log in to apply