Collier Pickard is a small, internationally recognised business based near Sevenoaks, just off J5 of the M25. The company specialises in all things CRM. Our primary business streams are independent consultancy, and supplying and maintaining CRM software.
Collier Pickard currently has around a dozen employees, and has ambitious growth plans – which will provide excellent career development opportunities.
The company provides a relaxed, supportive and open working environment.
The Technical Consultant Apprentice will join a team of four. They will become responsible for the timely and professional resolution of helpdesk queries on one or more of the pieces of software CP supplies. There will be progression opportunities into software development, training or requirements analysis.
Duties and responsibilities:
The duties of Technical Consultant will be many and varied, which will include:
- Timely response to and logging for client help-desk queries
- Investigation into software faults
- Assisting with customer software installs
- Assisting with development of software fixes
- Escalating critical issues and bugs as appropriate
- Maintaining an awareness of active projects
- Liaising with the assigned Account Manager to develop future business
- Developing new product expertise as required
- Attending scheduled training courses as required
- Representing Collier Pickard in a professional manner at all times
Ultimately we believe that personal qualities and general attitude are more important than school grades.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate an ability to be self-sufficient where possible, and take responsibility for all their actions, so as to be a successful part of the business and contribute to the achievement of its vision
- Integrate well with the team and support their colleagues as they would like to be supported.
- Be able to answer the phone and build rapport with customers
- Be comfortable that they will not know the answer straight away
- Have a drive to learn and do more at every opportunity
- Have an understanding of the principles of computer hardware and software development
- Have literacy in Maths, English and use of common software such as Microsoft Office
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.