Foundations is the National Body for Home Improvement Agencies in England. This means that we’re contracted by the Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government to oversee a national network of nearly 200 home improvement agencies (HIAs) and handyperson providers across the country.
It’s a role we’ve held since 2000, and since 2015 we’ve also been supporting local authorities to improve how they deliver Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) - whether they use a HIA or not.
Home Improvement Agency Case Manager (HIACM) is the leading case management solution for the home improvement agency sector. It has been developed by IIZUKA in partnership with Foundations and provides a highly customisable online workflow management, document management and report management tool.
The role is responsible for supporting existing customers through the HIACM Helpdesk, assisting the Technical Account Manager with supporting the database, aiding with the customer on-boarding process and being the primary contact for all HIACM support needs.
The post holder will ensure that:
- They are a champion of HIACM; promoting good practice and recommending system use in line with system design
- All contact through the HIACM Helpdesk is managed against set SLA response times
- Any tickets requiring third line support are passed to IIZUKA engineers ensuring that the process is managed and response time SLAs are still met
- Ensure existing customers are satisfied with the functionality of the system and are aware of the modules and customisations that are available along with their benefits;
- Aid with the on-boarding of new customers through the production of tailored training materials, guidance documentation and the delivery of training sessions
The role also incorporates first line support for internal IT systems including:
- Installation and support of standard IT systems (Microsoft office packages, printers, AD support for password resets/lockouts, VoIP solution)
- Troubleshooting User issues to identify whether this is a local or server issue
- Escalation of complex issues to relevant third party providers and to manage the resolution process once the issue is identified (Talk Internet, Novem)
- Implement on-boarding process in conjunction with Technical Account Manager
- Implement bespoke training materials and provide remote training support through the use of webinars or on-site where necessary
- Escalate any queries or business potential around new licences to Technical Account Manager
- Manage support tickets and process against set SLAs ensuring that all customers receive a helpful, fluid and thorough service
- Keep in regular contact with Technical Account Manager and escalate any potential upselling of software including new modules or increased user licences
- Understanding customers' business requirements and configuring case management software to best meet those requirements (including paid for consultancy).
- Assisting customers who are making their own configuration changes to their own case management systems, through best practice guidance, technical assistance, diagnosis and debugging
- Development of report and document templates using built-in report wizard as well as industry standard scripting, template and query languages.
- Liaising with IIZUKA to coordinate on third line support issues
- Communicating with customers about forthcoming software changes and improvements
- Communicate all planned system downtime in conjunction with Technical Account Manager and Marketing Executive
- Manage unexpected system downtime on an individual or global level in conjunction with the Marketing Executive in order to keep customers updated on resolution progress
- Main point of contact for Foundations staff with queries around IT/phone system
- Provide first line troubleshooting of reported issues, against set SLAs, and apply fix if applicable
- Escalate all second or third line support queries to the relevant external provider ensuring SLA response targets are met
- Advise on potential system improvements and enhancements
- Deliver training to staff on new software and systems when applicable
- Work collaboratively with other members of Foundations staff.
- Time management
- previous IT/Software Experience
- Maths & English A-C (4-9)
Monday to Friday,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.