Technical Support Apprentice
At ACA Systems we take a flexible, customer-oriented approach. We don't employ salesmen whose only objective is to "make this month’s sales target". We believe that an ongoing relationship between ourselves and our clients is important - we don't just install the software then walk away.
We aim to build good business relationships with our customers and suppliers. Whilst we are not ISO 9000 accredited, we understand the principles of quality and are always striving to improve our business processes.
We welcome constructive comments.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- Providing software and technical support to users by researching and answering clients’ questions
- Troubleshooting problems
- Maintaining & updating our software on clients’ workstations and servers.
- Providing answers to clients by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding clients through corrective steps.
- Maintaining records of clients’ calls dealt with each day.
- Participating in development and maintaining of software testing procedures
- Assisting in remote client updates of our software as per clients’ service agreements.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Any other duties as directed by management.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- PC Proficiency
- Numeral and literal competence
- Ability to solve (basic) problems logically and to communicate solutions
- Enthusiasm for customer service and teamwork
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Some knowledge of the Windows Operating Systems and networking.
- Willingness to learn and progress.
Desired qualification requirements:
5 GCSE’s total:
- English and Maths GCSE grade D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any subject
9am – 5pm (37.5hrs a week)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.