As one of the leading providers of time and attendace systems, clocking in machines and access control systems, our focus is a total commitment to the needs of modern businesses across the UK.
At Computime, we have a keen understanding of information and security as well as how this can impact business success.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experiences.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide technical support to customers on the phone, email and by remote access
- Complete record & update Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Operate production machines
- Onsite client visits to resolve technical issues
- Provide training
- Hardware & software installation
- Test all equipment
- Prepare for installations
- Prepare customer data base
- Report bugs
- Complete the job sheet with times etc.
- Build & prepare SQL data bases
- Install windows software applications
- Build and install network data cables
- Networking including: IP addresses, DNS settings & PUSH service settings
- Configure windows & firewalls services
- Queries SQL and scripts
- Trouble shooting & resolving technical issues
- Test Software updates
- Test & install electronic relays
- Test & install time and attendance and access control equipment
- Cable cosmetics
- Customer support & service
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- We are looking for an individual with a passion for IT and problem solving, and a thirst to learn new skills
- A willingness to improve skills, both in and outside of work
- Ideally, someone with some level of experience in this type of role
- Excellent telephone manner
- Customer service experience
- Good customer relation skills
- Good IT skills
- A good grasp of IT in general
- Experience of working in a telephone and customer facing customer service role
- Have an excellent telephone manner and have a friendly and approachable manor
- Be analytical in approach and have excellent problem solving skills
- Need to be able to work using own initiative
- Be willing to develop own skills to keep up to date with current technology
- A good team player who enjoys working with people
- Has patience to help support people with a varied range of technical IT knowledge.
Desired qualification requirements:
3x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.