Technical Support - Contact Centre Routing
Duration: 3 years
Do you want to make a real difference to peoples’ lives? To help shape the way people live and communicate with each other both now and in the future? To learn new skills on the job, gain professional qualifications and build yourself the perfect career? Then you’re looking in the right place as the apprenticeship opportunities at BT could help you do just that.
Working in contact centre routings, you would be responsible for the delivery of call-routing solutions for BT Internal Contact Centres. The role is project-based, involving the integration of overall solutions and modifying or adapting existing systems. Activities will include analysis, design for lower level solutions, development, testing/integration and maintenance/support. You would have to input in to considerations on the cost and timescale for solutions as well as working closely with your customers to manage their expectations in terms of possible delivery.
When designing and implementing changes you would be making sure quality gates are in place and that the changes are managed in an effective way. This would be in discussion with the customer to make sure you discuss and agree what the specification is or the solution/design would look like. You would also test all changes to make sure they meet the set out criteria.
You would also support the Contact Routing Design Manager in large (more complex) solutions requiring integration of multiple applications across the Voice Platform.
5 GCSEs A to C Grade (including English and Maths).
Technical Knowledge and Competencies
- Ability to understand technology and technical processes.
- PC Literate.
- Attention to detail.
- Understand how teams work effectively to deliver results.
- Numerical, written and analytical skills.
Professional, interpersonal and business Skills
- Communicate effectively and work both independently and as part of a team
- Apply strong interpersonal skills when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients
- Flexible attitude with an ability to embrace change
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving with an ability to keep calm in difficult situations.
- Act at all times in line with BT values
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to succeed
- A proactive approach to identifying potential issues
- Be able to plan effectively and manage you own time