Technical Support Engineer Degree Apprentice
HTG's 25 years of industry experience, team of high-performance experts and principles of continuous training mean that we've seen it all, and know what's coming. So, we promise to guide our clients along a clearly-defined digital roadmap with ambitious goals in mind. Our clients love that we deliver real, measurable change. And we love making a difference!
Are you excited to join a compassionate, authentic company that fully supports you to do your best work?
Are you committed to empowering others, in turn?
Here's what we want from you:
Take risks. Speak up. Trust that, as an HTG team member, you have a unique, valued voice and the space to make this work your own.
We're looking for the change-makers, the hard grafters and the willing learners.
Are you the right person for the job?
As a friendly, engaging and knowledgeable team member, you will be passionate about technology and how its implementation helps to solve complex customer challenges. You possess the ability to instil confidence within the customers and deliver agreed-upon work in a self-driven, timely manner. You will be self-motivated and able to work to a high standard whilst having an awareness of commercials, customer service, and stakeholder management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working in a team of specialist engineers and consultants delivering managed infrastructure services, consulting projects, and tiered support services for clients
- You will be part of a team providing operational and delivery for the on-premises and hosted technologies and services provided by HTG
- Collaboration with business units and stakeholders across the commercial and technical teams to support proposals and client solutions
- Act as an escalation point for client issues when required
- Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective operation of the IT infrastructure
Skills, qualities and experience: [The successful candidate should have:]
- Solid knowledge of enterprise-level infrastructure technology
- Good understanding of IT operations and change processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexibility, with the ability to manage multiple workstreams
- Ability to translate technical subject matter into simple terms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Minimum 2 years IT Professional experience in a role that displays aptitude and ability in a relevant technology
- Technical background with prior experience or exposure to technologies such as:
- Microsoft (Azure Cloud Services, Exchange, Office 365, M365 with compliance & security modules, Windows Server/desktop deployment and maintenance)
- Hardware Management (e.g. Servers, SAN’s, networking infrastructure & end-user devices
- Monitoring and Management (proactive monitoring/capacity monitoring toolsets)
- Evidence of technical qualifications or certifications showing formal training and development
- Experience in relationship management with customers, suppliers, and staff at all levels
Certifications in one or more of the following:
- Microsoft Azure
- Office 365 Integration and deployment
- Network Security
- Azure AD
- Azure Security
- Azure Networking
- Azure Backup
- Azure Virtual Desktop
Nice to have:
- Other technologies such as VMware, FSLogix, Intune, SCCM, Powershell Scripting, Terraform and BI.
- Enterprise Experience, ITIL certification.
We’re looking for people who have:
- A desire to learn and further their skills by working towards industry recognised certifications
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Extreme professionalism and personal presentation
- An ability to work independently and perform their own research
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage and prioritise their workload
Candidates are expected to be competent in the following:
- All aspects of Windows desktop & application support
- All aspects of tablet and mobile device support
- Basic network troubleshooting incl. ping and trace route
- Administering Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server & M365, OneDrive, Teams
- Active Directory and Exchange administrative skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Group Policy
- An understanding of Microsoft Azure AD Sync and Azure AD Connect
- A good understanding of Backup & Replication
A Level 3 qualification in a relevant area in any grade. Acceptable qualifications include:
- A levels in one or more similar subject
- Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject;
- International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject;
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject;
- A Work experience route (2-3 years) in a similar subject-related role
Note: “Similar subject” relates to areas directly relevant to or commensurate with “Digital and Technology Solutions”
As to what constitutes a ‘similar subject’ this would therefore typically be areas such as but not limited to Level 3 digital apprenticeships, A-Level/BTEC Computer Science, Information Technology, Networking, Software Engineering, etc.
Note: Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
We are a cloud-based business and we are working remotely for the foreseeable future. However, our preference is that you should live within commuting distance of our South Tyneside offices.
- Benefits such as company pension, private medical insurance, death in service and income protection
- Bonus Scheme based on company and personal performance up to 10.5%
- Annual pay review based on performance up to 5%
- 20 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- Company Laptop and Mobile phone
- A company credit card, so you are never out of pocket
- An opportunity to join a fast-growing, ambitious technology company with a five-year mission to make work better using technology.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.