Prestolite Electric Incorporated specializes in the design, development, and production of alternators, starter motors and electrical systems for the heavy duty 12 and 24V commercial, passenger, military, and various niche markets (such as off highway, refrigeration and marine).
Prestolite are offering a Level 3 advanced apprenticeship in Technical Support Engineering Technician Level 3. You will spend time on site with the design and quality team, and you will also spend time at college, where you can meet other apprentices and learn more about the technical aspects of engineering. You will be learning;
- Provide technical support and expertise for all areas of the business.
- Engineering and Manufacturing functions including communications software, test, analysis tools, measurement off and on line programming, process control, performance and continuous improvement solutions.
- Quality, capacity planning, production scheduling/planning, product technical applications and capability, technical sales and marketing support.
- Product development and innovation, engineering drawing.
- Purchasing and/or supply of goods or services for engineering activities, quality control, inspection and e-commerce technologies as required
£ 300 per week
Monday - Friday
Possible Start Date:
Application Close Date:
Engineering technician (Level 3)
GCSE English and Maths 4-9/A-C
- Attend all college classes
- Record practical work required for your course(s) in the prescribed manner
- Attend apprentice-learning events.
- Fully engage in review meetings with your manager and training provider
- Maintain agreed progress in all theory and practical work required for your apprenticeship
- To conduct work as required by your mentor / practical trainer
- To gain experience and knowledge and engineering skills to enable you to become competent to work as you progress through your apprenticeship
The person we are looking for will be;
- Fully committed to learning the job.
- Not afraid of hard work.
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
- GCSE ‘C’ or above in Maths, English, Science
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- A willingness to learn
- A desire to work in Engineering/Science
- A keen eye for detail
- A mature outlook
- A team player
Training to be Provided
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week at Uxbridge Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, tutors, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocates support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
Skilled technical support engineer, team leader, manager