We are a global leader in innovative and high value-added aluminum products and solutions dedicated primarily to aerospace, automotive and packaging markets. As aerospace and automotive markets develop this is an exciting opportunity for a person to grow with the company.
We are offering a Level 3 advanced apprenticeship in Technical Support Engineering Technician Level 3. You will spend time on site with the design and quality team, and you will also spend time at college, where you can meet other apprentices and learn more about the technical aspects of engineering. You will be learning;
- Provide technical support and expertise for all areas of the business.
- Engineering and Manufacturing functions including communications software, test, analysis tools, measurement off and on line programming, process control, performance and continuous improvement solutions.
- Quality, capacity planning, production scheduling/planning, product technical applications and capability, technical sales and marketing support.
- Product development and innovation, engineering drawing.
- Purchasing and/or supply of goods or services for engineering activities, quality control, inspection and e-commerce technologies as required
£ 260 per week
Possible Start Date:
Application Close Date:
Engineering technician (Level 3)
- Mandatory GCSE’s at Grade C/B or Level 4/5 in maths & English is required (having a science GCSE would be desirable but not essential)
- Attend all college classes
- Record practical work required for your course(s) in the prescribed manner
- Attend apprentice-learning events.
- Fully engage in review meetings with your manager and training provider
- Maintain agreed progress in all theory and practical work required for your apprenticeship
- To conduct work as required by your mentor / practical trainer
- To gain experience and knowledge and engineering skills to enable you to become competent to work as you progress through your apprenticeship
The person we are looking for will be;
- Fully committed to learning the job.
- Not afraid of hard work.
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
- GCSE ‘C’ or above in Maths, English, Science
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- A willingness to learn
- A desire to work in Engineering/Science
- A keen eye for detail
- A mature outlook
- A team player
Training to be Provided
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week (2 x days for certain engineering apprenticeships) either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, tutors, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocates support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
Things to consider
You must not have done certain Level 3 Engineering courses full time at a college or training provider in 1) Engineering Fitter / 2) Mechatronics / 3) Tech Support – apprenticeship rules mean that we cannot take an ex full time learner in these subjects on to an apprenticeship because you will have done 50% plus of the learning at college already including a BTEC and we cannot gain funding for you if this is the case.
Skilled technical support engineer, team leader, manager
A global leader in aluminium transformation, Constellium designs and manufactures innovative and high value-added aluminium products and components. From window frames to railcars, auto bodies and aircrafts, and from solar reflectors to perfume containers and beverage cans, aluminium products are used throughout daily life. Constellium serves a global customer base operating in markets as diverse as aerospace, automotive, construction, packaging, renewable energy and transportation.