Technical Support - Line Test Engineer
Duration: 3 years
Do you want to make a real difference to peoples’ lives? To help shape the way people live and communicate with each other both now and in the future? To learn new skills on the job, gain professional qualifications and build yourself the perfect career? Then you’re looking in the right place as the apprenticeship opportunities at BT could help you do just that.
The test and diagnostic team in Cambridge provide support for a test system with in Openreach as well as our Wholesale Broadband products.
As a test apprentice, you would be working on and looking after the test system equipment within the exchange looking after the test heads on behalf of Openreach and Wholesale. The team work across many different parts of the hardware with in the exchanges, reacting to alarms that affect the line test system. The team also undertake proactive tasks to improve the performance of the platform spotting and improving trends.
5 GCSEs A to C Grade (including English and Maths).
2 A-Levels A to C
Technical Knowledge and Competencies
- Ability to understand technology and technical processes.
- PC Literate.
- Attention to detail.
- Understand how teams work effectively to deliver results.
Professional, interpersonal and business Skills
- Communicate effectively and work both independently and as part of a team
- Apply strong interpersonal skills when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients
- Flexible attitude with an ability to embrace change
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving
- Act at all times in line with BT values
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to succeed
- A proactive approach to identifying potential issues