Technical Support - Service Operations
Duration: 3 years
Locations: London, Cardiff, Oswestry
Do you want to make a real difference to peoples’ lives? To help shape the way people live and communicate with each other both now and in the future? To learn new skills on the job, gain professional qualifications and build yourself the perfect career? Then you’re looking in the right place as the apprenticeship opportunities at BT could help you do just that.
As a service operations apprentice you could be working on a number of different areas. You could be getting involved with delivering key voice products and services over BT’s telephone network to our customers. You would review the orders provided by our customers and translate them into workable solutions that meet the needs of the customer as well as be practical BT.
As part of this you may be designing and implementing complex data solutions across various technologies. This will involve working with the team to understand what will allow our customers to have the service they require delivered to the speciation’s they requested.
The role also involved the delivery, managing and maintenance of our Voice products on various technical platforms. This involved monitoring the live platforms where you’ll be looking for and solving faults that affect our customers’ service. This may also include visiting our customers on site.
You will be highly supported throughout the apprenticeship both with formal training as well as on the job learning. As member of service operations, you will work as part of a diverse team. You may have the opportunity to visit and work from other key BT locations across the UK.
5 GCSEs A to C Grade (including English and Maths).
Technical Knowledge and Competencies
- Ability to understand technology and technical processes.
- PC Literate.
- Attention to detail.
- Understand how teams work effectively to deliver results.
- Numerical, written and analytical skills.
Professional, interpersonal and business Skills
- Communicate effectively and work both independently and as part of a team
- Apply strong interpersonal skills when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients
- Flexible attitude with an ability to embrace change
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving with an ability to keep calm in difficult situations.
- Act at all times in line with BT values
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to succeed
- A proactive approach to identifying potential issues
- Be able to plan effectively and manage you own time