Technical Support - Voice Testing
Duration: 3 years
Location: Adastral Park
Do you want to make a real difference to peoples’ lives? To help shape the way people live and communicate with each other both now and in the future? To learn new skills on the job, gain professional qualifications and build yourself the perfect career? Then you’re looking in the right place as the apprenticeship opportunities at BT could help you do just that.
As a higher apprentice in the Traditional Voice Test Team you will be responsible for the deployment and maintenance of the model test environment. You will arrange test schedules, test Cases and test results documentation. It also involves scheduling and running tests on switch and signalling systems against an agreed plan. When there are customer effecting faults you would model and investigate these within the model environment. It is also an important part of the role to support network deployments for traditional voice.
As part of the role you need to make sure services are delivered on time and within budget. You will make sure the desired output are fit for purpose and help us deliver the required level of service for our customers, right first time.
5 GCSEs A to C Grade (including English and Maths).
2 A-Levels A to C
Technical Knowledge and Competencies
- Ability to understand technology and technical processes.
- PC Literate.
- Attention to detail.
- Understand how teams work effectively to deliver results.
- Numerical, written and analytical skills.
Professional, interpersonal and business Skills
- Communicate effectively and work both independently and as part of a team
- Apply strong interpersonal skills when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients
- Flexible attitude with an ability to embrace change
- Ability to perform under pressure
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving
- Act at all times in line with BT values
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to succeed