An award winning, Ofsted outstanding apprenticeship from QA - 94% go onto full-time jobs. This client is one of Scotland' s leading IT companies, focussing on networking, maintenance, and software development.They are looking for an organised and passionate Technician Apprentice to support them on the hires side of the business.
This is a very hands-on role for someone who is passionate about IT and has a flare for good customer service. Regular travel and manual lifting will be required. Company vehicle / expenses and health and safety training will be provided.
The Apprenticeship role will include:
- Transporting and tracking equipment for hire
- Setting up and connecting systems for clients (laptops, projectors, printers, etc.)
- Loading presentations, installing software, re-imaging laptops
- Providing technical support for clients
- General maintenance of equipment
- May be asked to write a blog for the company website and manage the business'social media presence (dependant on interests)
Skills required for this apprenticeship:
- A passion for IT systems an organised, logical approach are a must
- Good computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent customer service skills and good presentation
- Due to the nature of the role, a full drivers license is required (can be obtained within three months from joining)
- Must be comfortable with regular travel to clients' sites and manual lifting (50%)
Scotland - You must have at least 5 standard grades at level 1-3, or equivalent, including Maths and English
Training to be provided:
Scotland - Systems & Networking Apprenticeship Level 3 - | (MCSA) in Windows 7 Configuration | Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 | Diploma for Information Technology &Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6
37.5 hours (Monday - Friday, 08:45 - 17:00)
About QA apprenticeships:
QA Apprenticeships is an Ofsted Outstanding provider of IT apprenticeships. Multi-award winning - Apprenticeship Programme of the Year 2012, 2013 & 2014, Microsoft UK Partner of the Year 2013 Special Commendation - and the first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas.
94% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships. It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.