Technology Consultant Degree Apprentice - Berkshire (RG12) - 5714
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work.
In 1939, our founders started a revolution. In 2015, we reinvented ourselves as Hewlett Packard Enterprise to take it to the next level, helping our customers create their future. Our curiosity sparks ideas that shape the way business succeed, treating everyday as a new opportunity to advance how the world lives and works.
Our people seize the opportunity to define their career experiences by advancing and growing themselves and our company.
HPE Pointnext is the global services organization for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. We are dedicated to helping companies accelerate their digital transformations and make desired business outcomes a reality. This reflects the increasingly important role of services in our company, and our commitment to be services-led and outcome-focused when engaging with our customers.
As a Technical Consultant Degree Apprentice in HPE Pointnext Global Shared Delivery, you will be learning and working in a real business environment on a variety of internal and external projects with HPE customers, gaining a full Digital Technology Degree on completion.The Global Shared Delivery organisation provides world-class technical services to a wide range of customers.Our Technical Consultants are key to this, as they provide expert technical skills across a range of technologies on enterprise level solutions and environments.
Based in our Bracknell office, you would typically be involved in delivering packaged services ranging from installations through to proactive support contracts.For example, you may be implementing a brand new 3PAR system into an enterprise customer environment, or running a health check on a customer' s storage, server or network environment - always supported by a team of experienced HPE consultants.
Responsibilities and duties
This is a technical role, offering great opportunities to develop both professional and technical skills. Apprentices will be given thorough training, supported by their manager, and mentors who will provide advice and guidance to help them develop the skills they need to be successful.
There are multiple roles available with start dates anticipated September 2018.
The person we are looking for will be:
- Passionate about technology in a business environment
- Able to work well as part of a team, and motivate themselves when working independently
- A natural problem solver with a positive attitude
- Very organised and able to manage their time effectively
- Proactive, with an attitude to make things happen
- An excellent communicator, with customer service experience
- Great attention to detail
- Able and willing to travel extensively throughout the UK, staying away from home during the week as required
As this role requires significant travel, preference will be given to applicants that hold a full UK driving licence.
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject ( this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT ( 180 credits)
- For any City and Guilds programmes, the learner must be 18 on the first day of their apprenticeship
9am-5: 30pm, Monday-Friday
GBP 16,000 per annum
Future prospects/ Benefits
What does working for HPE Offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world?s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities. We are committed to developing early careers talent.
QA' s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
Sign-up or log in to apply