Taylor Woodrow is part of VINCI, a world leading Construction Company, employing 194,000 people world- wide, with a turnover of €40.2bn. Within the UK Civil Engineering sector, Taylor Woodrow deploys over 500 people on a variety of interesting civil engineering projects predominately within the Rail, Highways and Energy sectors with a combined turnover of £200m. One of our greatest successes is attracting diverse talented young people.
The apprentice will work at HS2 project. VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2. The project is delivered in conjunction with Balfour Betty in a well-established Joint Venture.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 80km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire.
We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area.
Job title: Technology & Data Apprentice
Reporting to: IT Manager
Hours of work (per week): 40 hours
Working hours (daily): 9am-5pm
Working days: Monday to Friday
Job type: Full-time Apprentice
Working across the Balfour Beatty VINCI/HS2 Integrated Project Team (ITP), the primary purpose of the post-holder is to ensure that we are getting optimal use from the Office365 automation tools. You will be working in conjunction with our Joint Venture (parent company) IT teams and selected third parties to stay current with the Microsoft Office365 Power Tools and related Office365 products, work within existing processes to suggest best usage of these tools/products and then to help with the delivery and subsequent support of any resulting processes.
The Apprentice could be involved in the following responsibilities:
- Design workshops for process automation
- Creating/updating process flows to support automation requests
- Support BBV Office 365 environment and applications in conjunction with 3rd party Office 365 provider
- Provide triage for system incidents and requests and liaise with relevant support
- Design, development and support of Office365 based solutions interfacing with data held in the DataLake and associated reporting environments
- Demonstrated interest in Technology and Data
- Understanding of data architecture
- Able to develop a process flow based on interactions with end users
- Able to work for long periods without guidance
- Understanding of Office365 tools (or equivalent)
- Customer & delivery focus, meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Demonstrates teamwork, collaborative approach, among the first to volunteer to help others succeed
- Ability to engage with employees, peers and service consumers.
- Can learn new skills and knowledge, picks up on technical and business challenges quickly
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- For any City and Guilds programmes, the learner must be 18 on the first day of their apprenticeship
It is expected that the apprentice will gain experience across the various functions of Technology and Data and, as this develops, take on more responsibilities leading to a future career in IT.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA THE LINK BELOW