Technology Degree Apprenticeship
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Creative & Digital Media
- Telford remove
No. of Vacancies: 18
Programme Type: Level 4-6 Degree Apprenticeship in Digital and Technology Solutions
We often describe Capgemini as “one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services”. What this means is that we help companies and public sector organisations improve their businesses through smart, appropriate use of technology systems.
We can advise our clients on how to do this (the “consulting” part of our description), and if required implement and improve the actual systems (the “technology” part). We can also manage and run clients’ IT systems on their behalf (the “outsourcing” part). We always look for ways to improve their experience and save them money, for example by putting some of their systems “in the cloud” or collaborating with colleagues in other countries such as India and Poland.
We work in over 40 countries, and have nearly 180,000 employees. Many of our clients are names you’ll recognise, from UK Government and London Underground to Barclays and Unilever. If you’re interested in technology and keen to train with some of the best people in the business, drop us a line. We’d love to hear from you.
We have a number of different roles based across the UK. These include Software Developer, Technical Application Consultant and Test Analyst. If you reach the assessment centre stage, we will talent pool you towards the most suitable role based on your technology background and location preference.
Responsibilities of the Technology Degree Apprentice:
- Technical roles such as Software Developer, Cybersecurity and Technical Applications Consultant.
- Over your first few years, you’ll gain exposure to a wide range of technologies and projects.
- You’ll get the chance to develop skills in areas such as .NET/C#, Drupal/PHP, Microsoft, Java, SQL, Oracle, SAP, Cloudera and Hadoop.
- You’re also likely to work with cloud computing and Software as a Service (SaaS).
Requirements of the Technology Degree Apprentice:
- High analytical capability.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites.
- Interest in IT - gained via a hobby, work experience or personal study
- Personable - good team working, communications skills. Ability to get on with people you will be working with.
- Technical aptitude
- Proven academic achievements/qualifications in IT or related subjects e.g. STEM subjects.
Demonstrable passion and capability in software development (e.g. you might have designed a website or done some programming)
- This programme is designed for those with A-levels or equivalent, but no degree. We have a separate programme for those with GCSEs but no A-Levels and different graduate programmes. Information about work experience opportunities can be found on our website.
To be eligible, you need:
- 7 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above. Preference is given to candidates with good grades in STEM Subjects (e.g. Maths, Computing, IT, Physics etc.)
- To have or expect 3 A Levels (or equivalent) - at Grades CCC (240 UCAS Points) or equivalent. If mentioning predicted grades, you MUST have completed your A-levels/BTEC/L3 Apprenticeship studies ahead of your preferred start date. Preference is given to candidates with good grades in STEM Subjects.
Why a Degree Apprenticeship?
If you are looking for an alternative, accelerated path into the IT industry, you should consider this 4 ½ year study and work programme from Capgemini. It includes all the opportunities you need to prepare for a successful career in the IT industry, acquiring technical skills in software engineering as well as broader business related personal development.
The degree is: BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions. This has three, eighteen month stages, each equivalent to a normal academic year. Each stage comprises three six-month blocks. This pattern of study is designed to fit around full-time employment and uses a blended learning approach, which mixes distance learning, work-based study and attendance at on-campus study days.
- The opportunity to study part-time for a BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions and several professional qualifications
- A thorough grounding in software engineering and consulting
Valuable experience on client projects on-going support from experts in your chosen field and from buddies or mentors
- The chance to develop skills in environments such as C# .net; Drupal/PHP; Microsoft, Java, SQL and to work with Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Regular reviews, tracking performance and re-assessing salary in line with performance
Relevant and substantial work experience
- The opportunity to reach and exceed the salary of a graduate entrant after end of the 4 ½ years
- No student loan or tuition fee debts
- Sponsorship, giving you a debt free start to your career - our Degree Apprentices study for a degree without requiring a university loan
Currently we have vacancies located in Telford (TF3 3AY) for:
- 4th September 2017
- 6th November 2017
You will need to be flexible and able to travel to different offices and client sites after your first 3 months. During the first 9 weeks you will experience an induction and training programme in a residential environment with Week 1 based at our Telford offices and then Weeks 2-9 on campus at Aston University.
What happens next?
If your application for a Degree Apprenticeship is short listed, you’ll be asked to complete a Situational Strength Test. If you’re successful there, the next stage will be an online aptitude test. Next, you’ll be invited to a telephone interview, with successful candidates then attending an assessment centre consisting of an interview and a group/paired exercises.
Sign-up or log in to apply