This is a well established Nursery providing stimulating and educational planned play. The nursery believes that children thrive and learn with other children and with well qualified staff delivering quality play opportunities. The nursery also provides healthy cooked meals at midday and a light tea. They have milk and fruit at snack time and are a “Promoting Health” provider with daily exercise and outdoor play.
The level 3 childcare apprenticeship is a 15 month on the job training scheme, whereby you will have an assigned tutor/assessor who visits you in your place of work once per month. Functional Skills in Math’s, English and ICT are also part of the apprenticeship, and you will sit exams for these after 6 months.
Your training will be delivered 100% in the work place with qualified staff giving support and guidance on a day to day basis.
Key Responsibilities will be:
- Follow all of the settings policies and procedures
- Work as part of a team
- Supervise and care for a group of children (with support)
- Follow planning
- Be a positive role model
We are looking for hardworking and driven candidates that are able to work in a fast paced environment.
You will be paid Minimum wage for an apprentice which is £2.68 per hour (£99.16 per week).
This is an urgent vacancy so apply today!!!
Successful candidates will:
- Have strong communication skills – both face to face and over the telephone
- Be confident and bubbly to provide good customer service
- Have strong IT skills
- Be hard working and willing to contribute to the team effort
- Ideally you will have a driving licence and vehicle, or working towards your driving test
- Have an excellent attendance record and time keeping skills
- Understands the importance of applying yourself for work and your qualification
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths, English and ICT – Grades A-C
You will be:
- Smart and presentable
- Hard working and driven
- Friendly attitude
Training to be Provided
- Level 3 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate
117 Pershore Road
Monday to Friday 8am – 6.pm 37 hours
Important Other Information
From 1st October 2013 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £2.68 per hour. From 1st October 2014 the rate will rise to £2.73. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.